2014 - 2015 COMMITTEE
All Information & Correspondence to:
(02) 6294 1955
PO Box 6055 Lanyon LPO. ACT. 2906
The A.C.T. & District Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club has been formed to promote the breed in a positive light.
The future of the breed is dependant upon the actions of owners, breeders and exhibitors.
Members shall note that upon entering membership to the A.C.T & District SBTC Inc they agree to
and are bound by the Clubís Code of Ethics as follows:
* A member shall at all times ensure any dog(s) kept by them will be provided with proper shelter, food, water, exercise and Veterinary care if and when required.
* A member shall not allow any dog kept by them to roam at larger or to become a public nuisance. When away from the home, a member shall ensure their dog(s) are kept on a lead or under effective control at all times.
* A member shall not knowingly misrepresent the breed or bring the breed or the Club into disrepute.
* A member shall breed only with the intent of improving and / or maintaining the breed standard.
* A member shall not sell any dog to commercial dog wholesalers, dealers or retail pet shops. Nor shall they directly or indirectly allow a dog to be given as a prize or donation in a contest of any kind.
* A member shall not breed from a bitch until she has reached adequate maturity and is in good health and thereafter not more than once in each succeeding period of 12 months. However, should it be necessary, through extenuating circumstances, to breed a bitch twice in two consecutive seasons, the bitch shall be rested on the next season.
* A member shall not knowingly permit any of the memberís purebred dog(s) to mate with a dog of a different breed, to a crossbred dog, or to any unregistered Staffordshire Bull Terriers.
* A member shall not transfer from that memberís care any puppy under the age of eight weeks of age, thus allowing for the necessary 10 - 14 days for the 6 week vaccination to take effect.
* A member shall ensure that all persons acquiring a dog(s) from them clearly understand their responsibilities for the care and welfare of the animal and can provide for the time and facilities this requires (ie. Adequate socialisation and fencing).
* A member shall provide to all purchasers of dogs placed or sold the appropriate written details regarding dietary and vaccination requirements as well as other relevant / appropriate publications relating to responsible dog ownership.
* A member shall ensure that when selling or transferring a dog to another person that all documents, as required by the ACTCA (or its successor) regulations will be provided to the purchaser or transferee.
* A member shall NOT condone, support or ignore the practice of pitting a dog against another dog or animal of any kind for sport or profit. Any information regarding this kind of barbaric sport shall be reported to the appropriate authorities by the member.
All members of the A.C.T. & District SBTC Inc shall always try to conduct themselves in a manner that will bring credit to the Club and the breed. Good sportsmanship is to be fostered always.